Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Well It's a Good Thing I Didn't Get Attached or Anything

I'm feeling a little embarrassed as well as a teeny bit hurt. What other outcome did I expect from hooking up with someone who I even nicknamed douchebag? I haven't heard from him in a few days, which usually doesn't phase me, but I have the feeling that nothing else is going to happen with him. Should I be grateful that it stopped before it started? Maybe. So you might be wondering why I'm feeling this way all the sudden. Well, it's Facebook's fault. You see, if Facebook didn't update me with what this chick has been writing on douchebag's wall...I wouldn't be feeling this way. But, no, Facebook has made me a stalker of people in general. So there I was, creepin' on his Facebook page when I notice that there are some flirty comments from some chick and a mention of a girl's name who I know douchebag had a thing for in the past. Ahhh.....fuck. Don't you hate it when someone you don't even know ruins something that is going on in your life? I was under the impression that he was done with her because she gave him the "let's be best friends" speech, but I suppose she's just too tempting to let go of, which I can understand, because there are two guys in my life that I would probably drop anyone for if they showed interest.
Now there's slim chance of a consistent hook up there, much less anything more, not that I even know if I wanted more. Is this indecisiveness really inherit in women because if so I wish I was a fucking dude.
Underneath the explanations above, it really comes down to pride. My pride is injured right now because I got rejected, so now the 14 year old girl in me is looking in the mirror and poking herself asking "what the fuck's wrong with me that turned him off" and the 20 year old is saying "fuck him, let's eat some Oreos and get drunk."

1 comment:

Greg Voltaire said...

Maybe you're just too frickin awesome for his self to handle :D

You could try for something else, or not. And who knows. Maybe he feels nothing for Facebook girl and she is just stalking him... errr, more conspicuously than you. If it's really not about him, and just the underlying issue of pride, what could be better than forgetting him and turning to the Oreos, beer, and a rebound guy. But whatever you choose to do, keep up some contact or cut your losses, tell that 14 year old girl that she didn't do anything wrong. Even if she did. Her 15th birthday is coming up soon, and she doesn't deserve that kind of stress this close to happy-brown-juice land.

AAAANYWAY. The decision would've been infinitely harder if you had been more serious with him, and yet you may have been more confident in his fidelity (to a certain extent, at least). Hindsight is 20/20.

Again though. Don't trust a word I say. I like to ramble too much.