Sunday, September 14, 2008

It's called a fantasy because I know it couldn't ever be real.

For the past 24 hours I've been absolutely obsessed with the song "Strong Enough," preferably sung by Sheryl Crow. I'm not sure why, it actually just popped into my head Saturday afternoon when I got out of the shower. I didn't have it on my iTunes, so I youTubed it like any cheap college student who can't afford "legal" songs would do. The song is poignant and endearing. It made me want to cry and it made me think of my ex-boyfriend and the good times we had, as well as the bad times. Then, it made me think of everything I want in a relationship. This ideal relationship that I was dreaming up in my head led me to think of the qualities that I would find in my perfect match. Some qualities might be shallow or silly, but it's my fantasy man for a reason: I know he couldn't exist. So here goes: (In no particular order)


Emotional/Personality traits
-Passionate...whether it's a temper, a zest for life, or a music fanatic..just something that brings a spark to his eyes when he's thinking or doing whatever he's passionate about
-A great sense of humor....I mean, what makes a great sense of humor? What's the definition of a good sense of humor? I don't know the answer to that, so my ideal man would have a similar sense of humor to my own, meaning that he could laugh at himself, laugh at fart and dick jokes, and see the humor in horrible situations.
-Honesty...He has to be honest to himself and honest to me. There's been a lot of dishonesty and betrayal in my life, and I've learned to guard myself accordingly. Perhaps I'm jaded or perhaps it's just a self-preservation tactic, all I know is that my ideal man would be honest. I'm not talking about he can't tell me a little white lie now and again, (Honey, you look AMAZING in that pink spandex bodysuit...) but overall honesty.
-Intelligence...One of my favorite things to do is have long, philosophical-what-does-it-all-mean conversations. If a guy can't keep up with the musings of my liberal arts educated brains, then I lose interest rather quickly
-Faith...I don't mean he has to be a religious nut (Remember, God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts) but I would like to hope the person that I spend my mortal life with has some faith in an afterlife. What's the point of living if it all ends in mortal death?
-Sexuality...I can't/couldn't be with a guy who has a sex-is-icky mentality. I believe that sex can make or break some relationships, and that may sound superficial, but it's the truth. I won't make qualifications on this like if he suddenly becomes a paraplegic and can't have sex, what would I do then? etc, etc. It is what it is.
-Compassion...My ideal guy would understand that sometimes I'm going to be the biggest cunt in the world when I'm over-exaggerating and feel like everything in my life is going to hell in a hand basket. He won't kick puppies or be judgmental. He'll be accepting. He'll be loving, and kind, and sweet.
-Curious...I like a man who never stops, thinking, researching, finding.


Physical
Here's where it'll get superficial, but it's MY fantasy, dammit.

-Irish accent...Yeah, you read that correctly. I love Irish accents, they're fucking hot. I want an Irishman who ends all of his flirtations with "darlin'" or "love."
-Thick, dark hair....it's so hot to me when a guy is going down on me and I can pull on his hair and run my fingers through it...mmmm.
-Bright eyes...not any particular color, but they just have a sparkle in them, a fleck of color that catches me when I see him.
-Height...mostly just taller than me, which isn't a whole lot of height. Anything taller than 5'10, but of course, on the flip side, shorter than 6'10. haha
-Muscular....Six pack abs are not necessary. Actually, the only part of the body that I love on a guy to be muscular are his arms and back. It makes me think of Mr. Temper....insert twitch of pussy here...
-Tattooed...I have an odd fascination with tattooed men....again, thinking of Mr. Temper. Maybe it's because he went though a certain amount of physical pain to get them? I'm not sure. I just know that it makes me wet to see a guy with a muscular back decorated with a tattoo.
-Big hands...to run over my body, to comfort me when I need it, to work around the house with.
-Should I mention his dick here? Maybe that would be crossing the line..........
-Athletic....I like to be outside, I like to play basketball, volleyball, even play catch. I also like to fish and camp...all of which need some amount of athleticism.
-Last, but certainly not least, an ass that looks amazing in a pair of tight Wranglers. Think Brad Pitt in Thelma and Louise...mmmm baby.


Odds and Ends...little quirks that I find attractive
-knows how to handle things around the house. Maybe this is because I see my dad fix everything around the house, but I always thought my dream man would be able to fix a running toilet, or fix a leak in the roof.
-Playfulness...whether it's tickle fights in bed on Sunday morning or smacking my ass during sex, playfulness keeps a person and a relationship fresh.
-Eclectic...in his music, art, movie, whatever. I like a lot of variety in my life
-Can cook.....seriously, a guy that can cook is hot, just because I love to cook, so doing this activity with my man is always fun and has led to some great memories.
-Wants a bazillion kids...I'm the type of girl that feels the need to make babies and lots of them. Damn overpopulation. Maybe it's because I have a big family and want my kids to be able to rely on their siblings, cousins, parents, aunts, and uncles like I can.


Well, I've about run out of ideas or thoughts. It was actually a lot more difficult to write it all down then just let the thoughts run randomly through my head. Maybe now that it's written down, he'll appear tomorrow in my 10am class and it'll be love at first sight. Maybe I'm just a kid with a lot of fanciful dreams and not enough to occupy my mind. (Don't tell my teachers, please).

2 comments:

Greg Voltaire said...

Colin Farrell in Scrubs seems about right.

The trick is, true love, I believe, is forsaking all of that. If you really love a person, you will accept them for exactly who they are, no matter what. Sometimes there are things about a person that makes them unlovable to you. But if you loved them, it wouldn't matter.

The Angel and Demon Within said...

Greg, how do you get to the point of being able to fall in love with them if they haven't met some of your needs?

Set your sights high and don't back down. Putting up with his flatulence problem is one thing. Dealing with his lack of fatherly skills is another. Know what you like and dislike and never "just make do."

When the right person comes along it will all work out.