Monday, May 18, 2009

Hello, old friend

I'm alive and well, thanks for the concern. My life has been a shitshow for the last six weeks and I'm finally able to take a little "me" time. It would take forever to talk about all the stuff that has happened since my last post, so I'm going to sum it up succinctly.

Made it through my 19 credit hour semester with six As and one B (in my Christian Marriage class).
Got hired to be a summer RA. Meaning I'm living on campus this summer.
Enrolled to take two courses over the summer so I can graduate next May. The courses are International Politics and Principles of Microeconomics. I'm not looking forward to either class.
My sister and her boyfriend moved into a newly build house.
My little sister had her first boyfriend. For a day. Before bitchy 11-12 year old whores made up a story about how he didn't really like her. She dumped him via text. Actually, their whole relationship was probably a series of about ten text messages. Great.
My little sister was hospitalized for an ovarian cyst. There is a history on both sides of my family of polycystic ovarian syndrome as well as endometriosis. I'm the only female on both sides of my family over the age of 15 that does not suffer from either syndrome. The cyst ruptured and she has been fine since, but I was extremely emotional about it and realized how a mother must feel when they hear any bad news about their child's health.
I'm working over the summer at a summer academy, kind of like summer school, but more of a transition for 8th graders becoming high school freshmen, at a local high school. Hopefully this will look great on a resume and get me a job, because they're scarce in my field.


On to something that I wish to elaborate on. Douchebag got engaged! If you don't remember him, I hooked up with him last Fall. I found on Facebook, of course. It is the source of all knowledge. He hasn't even been dating this girl for even six months yet and he already proposed? What the effffff, man? I laughed about it and then thought she might be preggers because I assume she's pretty fertile, having two children already and only being 19 years old. I am SO tempted to write on his facebook wall, "Congrats. Did'ya knock her up??" But that may be a teensy bit too bitchy for me to do. I'm seriously considering it though and as of now, it could go either way.

I've been working at my main job a lot lately because now that I am on summer break, I'm able to work forty hours a week instead of the usual twenty that I have during the school year. With working, unpacking, doing summer school, and being a Summer RA, I'm pretty tired most of the time. However, I do like to spend a good half hour a night masturbating with the new vibrator. It's insane how amazing that thing is.

On another note, Rocker (hopefully you haven't forgotten about him) is still around. I've gotten pissed at him a lot in the last month or so because he tends to disappear on the weekends. I don't trust him basically at all. I still talk to him, but not like I used to and I think he's too blind to see it yet. It's irritating that in my world of everyone is engaged and has found their soulmate, that I am the lone chick who wants to go out, not to find a husband, but just have some fun. When did being independent and single become something that makes you feel isolated?

It's 9:33, and I am off to bed. Hope everyone is well!

2 comments:

Greg Voltaire said...

YOU ARE TWENTY-ONE!!!! IF YOU HAD FOUND YOUR SOULMATE BY NOW, IT WOULD MEAN YOU WERE EITHER A DUMBFUCK, OR ONE OF MAYBE 4% OF THE HUMAN RACE. (Allow me to point out the irony in that statement. You said Douchebag knew her for six months, then got engaged, in a critical way. You then lamented over your lack of engagementness and soulmatitude. Kay, maybe not lamented over it, but still sounded rather dejected when you said it)

Which is why marriage among 18 and 19 year olds is so distrubing. I don't know if it's a southerny abstinence thing (I know that's what fuels it. Waiting till they find "the one" [nothing wrong with that, but seriously, denying you have functioning genitals?], and subsiquently getting hitched then pregnant) or if it's everywhere.

International Politics? Historical or current. My Histtorical thesis: Lenin was a dick. My current times thesis: Chavez is a dick.

Well, I think that last sentence miiiiiight have been sarcastic, but it is the age old argument. You're wild, free, fuck when you want (within safe bounds, of course) and have no one to wake up to every day going "OH MY GODWHATTHEFOOKAMISTILLDOINGNEXTTOTHESAMETHINGEVERYGODDAMNDAY". But, on the other side, you have someone to talk to, to love, to snuggle, and to wake up to everyday. Isolation vs. freedom. Stability vs. stagnation.

I just figured since it's your first post in two months, you deserve one of my patented "Oh my jesus why does this idiot think I want to read all of his silly little comments" comment. Enjoy.

Gregory Elizabeth Voltaire (KEEP IT GAY!!)

I'm not mean, I'm just not nice. said...

oh how I have dearly missed your witty, yet obviously wise, comments! My internet is currently broken, so the next post will come once that is fixed